Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shopping, Baking and Blessings!

Earlier this week I went to the дэлгүүр (store) by myself! I am housesitting for a friend and there wasn't much in way of food at the house. So, off to the store I went. I used Mongolian mostly and the lady shopkeeper understood me! They didn't have everything I wanted but I was able to get a few things so I could have something to eat at least. I was just pleased with myself that I went alone and used my Mongolian. :) 

the store I went to - right across the road from my cabin

All this for $10USD!! pretty good I'd say. 

Then, when I got home I make myself some biscuits. (of course always reminded of Nicole!) And boy, did they taste good! Most anything would taste good since all I had eaten was one slice of bread in about 30 hours. Was reminded again how thankful I am for food! Especially the variety of American food. Here the norm is meat (sheep, yak or cow), potatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions and flour. Now I like all those things but if that's all you have to work with..... day after day. 

my biscuits. tribute to Nicole :)

Today was a blessing. 
We had a ladies prayer meeting at Сайхнаа's house. I spoke on how praying together can bring us all together. One of my favorite passages in the Bible is Acts 2, where it says that the first church was gathered in one place in one accord. It fascinates me that so many different diverse people can be gathered at one location and been of the same mindset. They had Jesus in common and because of it, they put everything else aside. Prayer is an important tool to our Christian life and to the church. When we pray together, we come together and are united. I spoke for maybe 20 minutes, then we shared requests for another 20-30 minutes. We finished up by praying.... for an hour! 
What a sweet time it was. At one point while one of the ladies was praying, I thought of Hebrews 4:16. 
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to to help in time of need."
There we were six ladies (five Mongols and one American) praying in our native tongue, beseeching the throne of grace. Pleading for healing, for lost family and friends, for God to move in our community. 
I think I caught a glimpse of heaven today. 
The bond we as believers have is powerful. Though I can't sit and talk more than small talk to most of those ladies, we have a bond of sisterhood. We love each other because we all love the Lord. 

Also today something happened that I never thought would happen! 
Four years ago when I was here working, I lost my high school class ring. I had no idea how or where I lost it. When I realized it was gone, I was here in Hatgal, but thought it might have been lost in UB. I looked and looked and asked numerous people if they had seen it. After returning home, I thought about it every now and then and kept praying that someone would find it. Eventually I gave up and forgot about it. 
Well, today Сайхнаа brought out my ring and asked "is this yours?"
I was shocked to see it! She said her husband found it 2 years ago! But they had no idea who's it was and everyone they asked didn't recognize it. I had given it up as lost forever and wasn't really concerned about it. But isn't God good to bring it back to me!? 


I just want to say again - My God is an Awesome God. Not only did He create this entire world. He loves me.... Unconditionally! And His Son died for my sin debt, so I could be reunited with Him. 
I'm so glad I know Him. 
Do you?

1 comment:

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)