Friday, January 11, 2013

Cold Walk

Cold is part of Mongolian culture. Comes with the territory. But being an Alaskan, it's no problem for me. :) Though here I don't have the luxury of a vehicle. So everywhere I go, it's by walking. Today Jaaz and I went to the store and postoffice. We argued about the distance - we both really have no idea. But we probably walked at least a mile there and back. Good exercise. And it was warmer today! Only about -10 or -5. With all my layers on, I actually got hot walking. Which is nice after wearing five layers and still being cold.



The past two weeks, I've been trying to spend a couple hours each day learning what I can of the Mongolian language. Thankfully I'm staying with a lady who likes to teach her language. I've learned a bit, but SO much more to learn. I do ok with reading and writing, but when it comes to hearing and understanding, well that's still a struggle.

Hatgal's main street

ready for walk

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love the poofy hat (hood?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. nice hat! that would come in handy here this week

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)