Monday, January 14, 2013

Life, Change, etc.

What is my life? 
How do I want to expend this short life on earth? 
My purpose (as is all of our purpose) is to glorify God. It is why I was made. 
Am I truly fulfilling that purpose? 

I am not satisfied with what I am. I want to be more like my Saviour. 
Change has never been a friend of mine. Many times I've resisted change, because I liked where I was, what I was doing, who I was with, etc. But without my permission change still came. And after a while, I would realize that change is good. Sure, I sometimes remember the good times of the past years. But do I want to be that age, that time, that place forever? 

God knows best! He is the One who orchestrates change in my life. Why resist Him? 

"We need to be honest with ourselves. Is how we're spending our time right now preparing us for what we hope to become in the future? Are we doing things now that will equip us for the greater things God may have for us to do? These are the fundamental questions for this season of our lives."
from Do Hard Things by Alex & Brett Harris

A book written by teens for teens. And while I am far from the teen years, it still has some great truths and has made me continue to think about where I am in life.
No, I don't know what the future holds. Or where I'll be in 4 months or 4 years.
But I need to continue to grow, mold, transform into Christ's image, so when He brings change, I'll be ready for whatever it is.

Just some thoughts from the past few days.
Hope to post pics of Mongolia soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that so many of the things you write are my same thoughts exactly - we even read the same books and like the same plays. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)