Saturday, January 5, 2013

Friends For a Lifetime!

Hello from Outer Mongolia! Yes, I am still alive. I know I haven't posted in a while... but being so far from "civilization," my internet is not the greatest. Actually, this is the first time I've been online with my own computer. And its like the old days of slllllooooowwww internet speed. :) Good test of my patience. 

So far, my stay here has been good. Great to see old friends. One huge blessing was to see my very good friend (sister) Lkhamaa!! Last time we saw each other was almost 3 years ago. She now lives Down Under with her Aussie husband, but was in UB for just a week's visit. Thankfully our stays overlapped and we got to spend some time catching up! She was my first Mongolian friend and we have so many awesome memories together!!! haha, one of my favorite was learning how to Mongolian wrestle. 
Also, working with the teens together. I was so incredibly nervous when she first asked me to teach. But now I'm so grateful she did. It was a blessing to share my heart with them each week. And oh the games we played! They all thought I was crazy when I introduced a new game for teen competitions. 
And hours of playing basketball. Rain, shine, snow or ice. warm or cold, we would play almost every day. 
Then there were the sledding trips, the hike to the frozen ship, wrestling on the lake, walking up the hill that overlooks the town and "breaking" my ankle. HAHA! 

2007

Not just fun memories but serious memories. Talks of the future, of our Lord and His Word.
My friend, thank you for the wonderful years of friendship. Even though now many miles separate us and we don't talk often, I still count you one of my dearest friends and you will always be in my heart! 

2009

2012
I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)