Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Increase my Faith

This week I had to put my faith to test and really trust in the Lord and He came through once again! 

A few weeks ago, the opportunity was presented to me to go to India to help out a missionary. When my decision was made to go, I had to get an application for a visa done ASAP. I already have tickets for leaving the country and of course need my passport to do so. At the time the decision was made, I had 3 weeks to send in my passport and visa app. and have it returned before my departure. 
With the days usually required to have the visa processed at the consulate, I thought I would have my passport back maybe two days before I left. That was cutting it close and I was nervous about it. But I thought - if this is of the Lord (which I was sure was) then it's no problem, He'll make sure I have in time. 
So, the application was sent. The first week went by. 

Then the second week started and I began to be concerned. I told myself that God was in control and I am doing His work. I reminded myself of Psalm 37:5 and committed to trusting the Lord. 
Sometimes though with our flesh, trusting is hard to do. 

Yesterday morning, I was praying specifically about my visa. I asked the Lord to increase my faith. 
My prayer was that my visa would be approved this Wednesday- which meant it would have been processed in 5 days. The normal is 7-9 business days. 
Not even 10 minutes after I prayed that specific prayer, I checked my email. 
I had an email from the Visa Co. and my visa had been approved! 
It was processed and sent back in 3 days!!!

today's sunrise thru the trees
My God is an Amazing God! 
He delights in me!
and He answered my prayer - before I even prayed it and much more abundantly than I asked for!!!

Thankful and in Awe of the God I serve



2 comments:

  1. Olá Srª Barrie.

    Como gosta da Bíblia, interage um pouco conosco.

    Que o Senhor Jesus te abençoe, te proteja e te ilumine.

    Até mais.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a visa and passport and India! So excited for you! (Love the sunrise pic too!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)