Saturday, September 8, 2012

Friends - who make a difference

Friends. 
I am grateful for them! 
Some friends remain friends for a life time. Some God brings into your life for a certain period of time. 
But whatever the case may be, the people you call friends have a big part of shaping your life. 
One of my favorite songs is from the play "Wicked," which I saw in London a couple summers ago. (awesome show by the way)
The two main characters, Glinda & Elphaba are parting ways, but confirming their love and appreciation for each other. They both recognize that other has impacted their life in vast proportion. 
I too, realize that there are people in my life that have impacted me in ways I could never begin to explain or thank them for. 
So, just a small token of thanks to......

my parents - lets just say I wouldn't be here without them ;)
you 2 are amazing!

Mr. D - where to even begin!? He has challenged, inspired, spurred,
aggravated :) me to new heights time and time again! 

"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led to those who help us most to grow
If we let them and help them in return"

some of those friends who are in your life for a time...
John & Kevin - amazing memories of our time in MNG! 

Lkhamaa - my best friend/sister from across the globe! 

my Mongolia family - loved me and made me one of their own
I LOVE living with you! 

"Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you"


Steph & Rachael - has it really been 16 years? wow!

Sarah - a short time together and instant friends! I miss you. 

"Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good"

my Canadian sister, Angie! with a random NYC Firefighter. :) 

Jaime! we are so much alike! thanks for loving this "eskimo" so much 

my dear, sweet roommate! you got me thru that year! haha
(Hey Snuby, its going to Row!) LOL


"It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me is made from what I learned from you
You'll be with me, Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have rewritten mine
by being my friend...."

TANNA! what a summer. ;)


Last but Definitely not Least!
LL, Aimee and Nicole.
Can not even BEGIN to thank you for the influence you've had on my life this past year!
I LOVE YOU THREE! 


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, you saw Wicked in London? Awesome! I STILL haven't seen a show in London yet (last time I was there I tried to see War Horse but it was sold out) - but I HAVE seen Wicked 3 times in LA and NYC. Still my favorite Broadway show, and that song is my favorite! =) Yep, we were meant to be friends ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)