Wednesday, August 29, 2012

the End or the Beginning?

Well, with the end of summer comes the end of the Seasonal flight of United Airlines into Fairbanks. I've been working since June doing fleet services for United. We handle wheelchairs, gate checks and cleaning the plane after it lands. I've had many late nights because their flight is scheduled to arrive at 1106pm. But that changed frequently. :) Sometimes they didn't come in till after 1am. 

crew from the beginning of the summer
The late nights made for a large lack of sleep, but ultimately I'm glad I worked this second job. 
Not just because of the money either. I made some good friends, met some interesting people and learned a lot about airport procedures. And another cool thing was that this traveler who loves airports, I got to see the part of an airport where everything happens! 
I also experienced many random things. Before this summer, I had no idea how exciting life at the airport was. :) Medical emergencies, arrests, lost bags, very random people. 
Now we are at the end of the season....

our small group, minus Michael and Jackie
but is it really the end? or just the beginning? 
Many of the people I met and became friends with this summer, I plan on staying in touch with. 
And the coolest thing about the entire season? 
A co-worker has been coming to church with me
and last Sunday he trusted in Jesus for salvation!!!! 
That totally makes all the late nights, craziness and drama of the season worth it! 
and I pray he is not the only one. :)

Marco waving the plane in
2nd to last flight of the season
Tanna and Kitty (who taught me how to tat!!!)
Tanna and I with Reid - our United Rep this season
The last flight was bittersweet. I am really glad I'll be getting more sleep now. :) but some of the people I worked with I won't see very often, if ever. It was a good summer. 
I've never liked change, but many times it is a good thing.....
Now the next thing I'm looking forward to is......
ASIA! 
sooner than you may think!!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. good times! Sooooo many things I could comment on! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)