Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wind and Rain

A windy day in Anchorage made for a busy day at the Fairbanks Airport. 
They had wind gusts over 100mph! Which by the way is hurricane strength.... but nope you didn't hear about it on national news. Wednesday we had an excess of planes land in Fairbanks because they were diverted from Anchorage. I love planes! I think it comes from loving traveling. So I love seeing planes at our airport, especially when they come from Japan, Korea, China and other places. Makes me want to sneak aboard one of them and fly away to places unknown....
but my time is coming! 




This weekend I planned a trip down to Anchorage and Seward. 
Course I had to pick the week that it's rained constantly and now there's flooding in Seward and other parts of our state. I did see water coming almost on the road in Willow. And I only had to drive thru water at one point, just a mile from my final destination. (sorry, Chelsea, I disobeyed)
I'm just hoping I can make it home safely tomorrow without having to get my paddle out. 
But I did get some amazing pictures of God's creation on the way down. 
Isn't He an Amazing God!?

just outside Fairbanks

love those mountains!

sunshine for a brief moment on the Seward Hwy.

and my favorite from this trip
Less than 2 weeks now until I leave the country. So much to do! I'd appreciate your prayers for my visa that is being processed at the moment. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! Glad you made it home safely. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look! It's OMNI stairs :) Good thing it started!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)