Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good Times with Good Friends

   No one likes goodbyes, including myself. I do love to travel, meet new people, see new places and make new friends. But it never becomes easier to say goodbye to those you are leave in each place. I've been planning for almost a year my upcoming trip next week. It just hit me yesterday though, that I am leaving in less than a week and will be gone for almost a full year. It's been a long time since I've been gone for a such a lengthy trip. I've been at home in Alaska for most of the past four years, except for one 3 month trip to Mongolia and one 1 month trip to Europe.
   I am really excited about this coming year - it is another step closer to living my dream, but that doesn't make it easier to leave. On one hand I can hardly contain my excitement and then on the other hand, I keep thinking of all the things I'll be missing up here this year. Once I leave, I think it will be okay and I won't look back. So, just have to get through the next five days.

friends out to dinner
    Last night I went to a restaurant with some of my coworkers, actually I consider them more friends than coworkers. We had a great time together. They all have been a major blessing to me the past few years that we've worked together. They have challenged me, confused me, been frustrated together with me, encouraged me, prayed for me, and of course laughed with me. :) I will miss you guys!
crazy Jimmy was attacking me
    Today I took the afternoon off work and went to one of my good friend's house. I was in Jessie's wedding almost 8 years ago and though we don't see each other as often as we'd like, we remain good friends. She has a passel of boys and a beautiful daughter who is my namesake. We spent a lovely afternoon chatting over coffee, intermixed with injections of loud, crazy boys. :) I enjoyed every moment spent with them. I am thankful for godly friends that remain close even through long spurts of no communication. What an encouragement to me Jessie has been through all the years I've known her. She has encouraged me to continue following my dream and follow the Lord's leading in my life.

me and the boys :)

my namesake, Jessie Barrie Evangeline

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)