Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Pictures

 Well, the summer is flying by fast. It always does up in Alaska. Our summers are so short that we pack them full of things and before we know it, they're over. The rainbow was from the beginning of May, before our trees had green on them  yet. By the end of May we had nice, hot weather for a few weeks.

  The girls in this picture were in my tent the first week of Rock Crossing. Shyanne (standing in the back) is from my home church in Fairbanks, Kathleen (blue) is from Point Hope and Elvina (gray) is from Selawik. We all had a good time together and I was encouraged by their hunger for the things of the Lord.

 The final picture is from today. I was headed out for bus visitation this afternoon with my sister and a friend. I thought one of the clouds looked a little odd. A few minutes later I realized it was smoke. We drove up the highway a little bit to see if we could get a good look. It's fairly close to the edge of town, near the airport. We always have forest fires in Alaska during the summer. Sometimes I don't even notice all the smoke smell in the air. Its just part of the summer. But it's not very often that we have one so close to town. Actually this is the 2nd one this summer that is has been within 20 miles of town. I hope they get it under control soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)