Monday, July 11, 2011

Depart with Desire

   The other day I was reading in II Chronicles for my devotions. I enjoy reading about the kings of Judah that followed after the Lord and served Him. But there were many also who did not follow after the Lord, but instead sought after their own will and false gods. It makes me sad to read about those who did their own thing. And I know God must have been truly grieved in His heart. Just as He is today when He sees those who have never heard the Gospel. When He sees believers who have strayed far from His Word and Counsel.

  One verse as I was reading really jumped out at me. Jehoram reigned eight years in Israel and he did evil in the sight of God. He slew all his brothers so that he could maintain his hold on the throne. He did wicked things.... in verse 20 of chapter 21, it says "[Jehoram] reigned in Jerusalem eight years, and departed without being desired." That must be one of the saddest epitaphs in the world. This king came to the end of his life and when he died, no one even mourned for him.

   I pray that I will not live my last days and go off into eternity with no one to even miss me. I want to be a light and testimony for my Saviour, leading others to Lord. I want to be an encouragement to those believers that God has placed in my life. I want to use my life for Christ. I want to make a difference in someone else's life. I don't want to live out my life with no one even caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)