Monday, August 1, 2011

Another day, another adventure

    Another day... once again sitting in an airport waiting to board another flight.... once again assessing if I am ready for another adventure.... it's a new day, new flight, new destination, new adventure. I think I'm ready for this one, except for the fact that I am running on less than 2 hours of sleep, so my brain isn't working at full speed. The past few weeks have been so busy with regular life that I never found the time to finish packing for this trip. I had projects to finish up before leaving, so spent my time doing those. I got home from church last night just after 9 and was up until 145am. But I think I actually remembered everything this time!! even my toothbrush, which is something I frequently forget.
     It's been a long time since I've leave Alaska for such a lengthy excursion. In the past 3 years, I've just traveled for 1-3 months at a time. So, I had to think of everything I want to have for the next 10-11 months. Course this is a little different, I will just be in the Lower 48 this year, not somewhere international, so I can pick up anything I need or forgot. I had some mixed feelings yesterday about leaving, but now that I'm sitting in the airport, I'm getting excited! Once I catch up on my sleep, I'll be doing really good. :)
 Here's some pictures from yesterday of saying goodbye to friends.
my buddy, Chelsie

Bus #109 workers

with Bernarding family (who lent me a car the past 3 weeks) :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)