Monday, August 8, 2011

Big Day is Over!

@ rehearsal dinner
  The BIG day is over! The wedding went well this past Saturday. I was exhausted by the time it was over. Friday and Saturday I was busy helping do last minute things for the wedding. Saturday morning, I worked with a lady from the church for 3 hours doing the flowers. I was doing things right up until the ceremony started. But the wedding turned out beautifully! I don't think I've ever seen such a Christ centered wedding before. Judah and Heather did not take the day and make it all about them, but instead reflected that back to the Lord and gave Him all the glory for their new life together. I did not take  any pictures myself of the wedding, but I stole some from friends to show you.

beautiful couple!
  It was a fun week. There were about 45+ people that came from around the world to be there for the special day. Most that came had some kind of connection from Mongolia, where J and H lived and met. It was neat for me to meet a lot of people that I've heard about for a long time. Not only meet but also become friends with. It never ceases to amaze me that people who have no connection except that they are all brothers and sisters in Christ can come together and be friends! Though I was tired by the end of the week, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with everyone. The night after the wedding, noone wanted to just go home and go to bed, since we were all headed our separate ways the next day.... so we went bowling.... it was late and we were tired, but had a great time. :) I thought I had my camera, but I don't.... will share the pics from the bowling later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)