Saturday, August 20, 2011

Native Alaskan meets HOT Texas!

Between the time I purchased my car in Denver, CO and arrived here at school in Bowie, TX, I logged almost 3000 miles on that car! Many long hours of driving, many states covered, but well worth it to see many friends and family that I hadn't seen in a long time. From Denver, I drove north to Ft. Collins area to see a friend from my days at West Coast Baptist College. Then on thru eastern Wyoming to arrive in Rapid City to see some friends I hadn't seen in 7 years! The Holders have always been a blessing and encouragement to me and still are today! I spent much time with 2 of their girls and got to see half of the family there. Also saw some dear friends in Rapid, that once lived in Alaska. 
 From there, I traveled across the state to Huron, SD - my dad's hometown. Stayed the night with my grandma on the old farm and left early the next morning. Stopped in Omaha and had lunch with my brother Luke and his wife, Sarah. Haven't seen them in 4 years. Continued driving all day until I reached Peoria, IL about 9pm that night. That was a long day! but I stayed with missionary friends, the Leutholds and Lithuanian friend. Had a wonderful 2 days with them, except I had this horrible kink in my neck. I've never had something like that before, thankfully I was able to get it taken care of before getting back on the road. 
 From Peoria, I drove another long day to Stratford, OK, where I stayed with another family. I got in later than I expected, but they were all up waiting for me. I enjoyed my time with them as well..... except the next day after leaving, I got an email from them.... seems one of the girls had lice (picked up from Vacation Bible School probably).... no big deal, except I slept in her bed the night I was with them! argh!!! :) but so far, no little bugs for me! Thank you, God! 
  I arrived in Bowie, TX Wednesday evening. I was tired.... and hot.... but I am getting settled in here. The last few days have been over 100 degrees. Its been a trial for me, but hopefully it gets cooler soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. DUDE! You have a blog! You have inspired me!! haha, well anyways....hope you keep up with this AND your edjemucation!jk. BYE Miss Mary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! I inspire someone!!! thanks, HM!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)