Monday, July 1, 2013

Wifi!!! and Summer

Yay I have internet again at my house!!! Since I arrived home from Asia over 2 months ago, our wifi has been horrible. It says it is connected with full signal, but it hardly ever allows me to access any websites. I've had to check email  and such at other locations. It's been frustrating, since I do so much on my laptop and have several projects pending, just waiting for wifi to work again. Don't know what happened but tonight it is working! 

Summer is in full swing. Our church just finished all our camps for the summer season. Three weeks of camps (I only went to one week). Pretty sure most of our teens and adult workers are still recovering from the lack of sleep. But they were good weeks. I attended the village week of Rock Crossing as a counselor again this summer. We had a large group - last year one girl came from Manley; this year she came back and brought 7 others! Several of which got saved. Praise the Lord!! 

Having a hotter, drier than normal summer so far this year means we have a lot of wild fires in the states. Last I heard, over 100. A couple are fairly close to here, so the last few days we've been inhaling tons of second hand smoke. It looks like the sky is overcast and cloudy, but really it's just smoke. Today it has cleared up quite a bit. Actually just a little while ago, it rained pretty heavy. Also had thunder and lightening! I love those storms!! (except lightening isn't a good thing when it's been dry; can cause more fires)

Other than that, don't have much to say.... just wanted to post, since I've missed blogging. Hopefully the internet stays on from now on out. 

Alaskan Wild Roses - one of my favs 

enjoying camp

beautiful Tanana River

1 comment:

  1. Right there with you on this internet thing - the internet is SO iffy here in the summer. It cuts out multiple times per hour and often refuses to work at all. Makes travel planning (ie booking flights, trains, hotels) and tesol work (online course) very challenging! I feel like I waste so much of my life here in Russia either fighting the internet or waiting for buses lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)