Monday, July 15, 2013

Glimpse of my Week

You can't have a glimpse into my week without food being mentioned... :) I love food. I enjoy making it, seeing people enjoy it and eating it myself. We have a kitchen at my office, so frequently I put it to good use while I'm at work. Sometimes I wonder if that's why my coworkers like me so much.... cause I cook for them. (just kidding) 

I've made "from scratch" bread twice now at work and pretty sure it's been a hit. Especially when it's served fresh with lots of butter! Yum!

fresh out of the oven

And then one morning, I fried some eggs and sausage and made egg, sausage, cheese biscuit sandwiches! I think it turned out to be lunch for that day, but boy, were they good! 

Wednesday's lunch

And the best one yet! Thursday, Sarah and I partnered to make the best lunch we've made to date. (well in my opinion at least) I barbecued chicken and corn on the cob and she did the shrimp and asparagus on the grill. We also had cucumber/tomato salad, fresh bread, sauteed zucchini and oven-roasted potatoes! Everything was perfect! Feast your eyes below. 

Thursday's lunch

Last summer Tanna and I worked together a lot! Usually about 5 nights a week, we were at the airport goofing off, uh, I mean working. This year we both have been working less. She is scheduled for two nights a week and I've just been filling in here and there. But this past week we ended up working two nights together. Of course, we made it fun! :) It helps break up the craziness of our job (mostly caused by other coworkers). One night I couldn't find a regular sized vest so had to borrow another persons.... a person who is somewhat larger than myself. So, Tanna had the bright idea of seeing if we both could fit into the one vest. Yep, we could. 
And that was only one of the crazy things we did this past week at work. Well, she did more craziness than I did. ;) 

working hard

Saturday was a full day. In the morning/early afternoon  went on bus route with the best bus ever, #109! Had to take a picture of us eating ice cream for our missing worker, Caleb! Miss you, friend! 


When I walked into the church Saturday morning, Tanna spotted me right away and immediately burst into laughter! Once again, without planning it (because of course, it's childish to do so....) we had worn the same shirt! We only have 3 or 4 shirts that are the same, yet we've done this at least 3 times this summer! Once we did it twice in one week! I only have twenty other shirts to pick from.... oh well. 


Also, on Saturday met up with a coworker to play Tennis!! I've been wanting to play since I came back from Indiana, even bought a racket and balls. Just had to find someone to play with me. It was a beautiful day - sunny and hot. Maybe a little too hot. The courts were in direct sun and it was the hottest part of the day, which I'll have you non-Alaskans know is about 5-6pm. But it was fun and we got some exercise. 

tennis!!
The fireweed this summer has been incredible! There are many sections of the fields ablaze with the vibrant purple of the fireweed! Not only is it beautiful, but it's also an Alaskan summer gauge. As the flowers bloom farther up the plant, it indicates the nearing of autumn. When very tippy top blooms, you know winter is just around the corner. If the plant below is any indication, we still have lots more summer to enjoy! 

Alaskan Fireweed

1 comment:

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)