Sunday, July 7, 2013

Fullness of Heart

Some days one just doesn't have the words to express what is in their heart. 

This past weekend, I wanted (needed) to get away and spend some time alone with my Saviour. I planned on going north to my dad's cabin for a day or so. I drove out Friday night and came back Saturday afternoon. It wasn't  much, but it was what I needed. Sometimes this life threatens to overwhelm me; the busyness, instant communication, relationships and even ministry obscure my view of my Lord. Going North provided me some valuable time away from my phone and the internet (yes, there are still places in this world, where there is no cell reception), away from people, my job and responsibilities and enabled me to enjoy the Lord's presence.

I've had a lot of my mind lately, all these decisions about what to do with this next year of my life, constantly weighing on me. I simply wanted the Lord to point out the next step. While I can't say I have much more concrete direction about what to do this year, I do have peace. Peace - knowing my Lord cares for me and He will lead my steps. Assurance - that He is in control and I can rest in that. 

Coming back to "civilization" yesterday, the cares of this life flooded back. Trials that dear friends are facing, relationships that need work, friends that need salvation, jobs that need done. BUT GOD is my shelter. He is my refuge. My place of comfort. The Rock when all else in my life is storming around me. 

Again, my heart is full tonight. Full of joy for the truth of God's Word and the preaching of His servants. Full because the challenges and inspiration to keep on serving my Saviour. Full because of the sadness of goodbyes. Full because heartache of those who reject the goodness of God. 

I long for the day when God calls me home. Home to be with Him FOREVER!
Until then, however, He has deemed it best that I remain on this earth to serve Him and bring Him glory with my life. Are you bringing Him glory? whether in joy or sorrow - He alone is worthy!!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this post - been there many times. =) It's so wonderful to know that God is in control and that He has a plan for us. It's hard waiting on it sometimes, but it always works out for the best since HE knows best! I'll be praying for your plans for this next year - it's exciting that there are so many awesome opportunities out there in this huge world we call our temporary home!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)