Tuesday, July 23, 2013

VBT shirts!!

VBT (Vacation Bible Time) is a big thing at our church. Many years ago, we had Neighborhood Bible Time to help us with our run-of-the-mill VBS. They came for two years; we learned a lot and NOW.... we have our very own, original Vacation Bible Time! Last night was the 1st night and we had over 400 kids! Whew. Yeah, I'm sure you can imagine the craziness that sometimes happens.... Really it goes quite smoothly for having that many kids, plus 120-some workers. (sometimes I wonder if the workers don't cause more problems than the kids) haha 

Anywho, I help on a (awesome) bus route! We kinda threw around the idea of having matching shirts for the bus workers. Last year we all had different soda brand shirts. So, last Thursday I came up with an idea, went to the store to pick up the shirts and a couple items and then went home to begin.... on a side note, that was quite the day! I worked from 8-3, went home and worked on the shirts for 3 hours, then went to my 2nd job from 8-1230am. 

Here's our awesome bus #109 shirts.....

ironing on the homemade stencil

painting using the stencil

peel the stencil off, using puffed paint for the lettering

and the back! 
 I must admit the shirts turned out better than I expected. Thought it would be cool to have matching shirts, but they actually look pretty amazing. (if I do say so myself) I'm just glad there were only seven to do and not more. Last night after getting back to the church from dropping off our bus kids, we took some pictures. We are missing one worker, so we'll try again for pictures on Thursday. You'll notice how light it is! These pictures were all taken after 11pm. 



"let's all jump".... (have to admit, I hate jumping shots)

Bus #109 workers!


One night down and three more to go.... this week. We have another week of VBT next week for the teens. Can you imagine 200-some teenagers in one place at one time..... on four different teams.... highly competitive..... yeah, talk about craziness. Let's just pray that the police don't need to make an appearance this year.... haha 

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are so awesome...I was I was that crafty! :)

    400 KIDS?!? That's ridiculous! I thought we had a lot with our 80....LOL

    Ahhh, the glorious 'stay-up-til-midnight-playing-because-you-still-think-it's-7pm'....good times, good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really crafty either, but I had fun with these. Yeah, 400+ kids, but it goes pretty well with 100+ workers. Thank the Lord for so many workers!

      Haha, yep, you understand our summer nights!!! :D

      Delete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)