Monday, January 30, 2012

Spiritual Economics

I recently began a couple online courses with UAF - still trying to finish up my Associate's degree. Should be completed by this summer, but I digress. One of the courses I am taking this spring is Macroeconomics. Last year I took Microecon and enjoyed it, so thought I would continue with it. Besides it doesn't require a lot of writing like my other course. To start off the semester, we are currently reviewing all the basics of economics. The entire basis of Economics is that every person makes choices and those choices interact and affect other people. My choices to buy, sell, trade, etc. in some way affect you. So everyone is in some way, big or small, affecting those around them. 
Mongolia 2007
So, this idea of how my life affects others has been on my mind.... Yesterday I was doing my devotions and I came across this verse - "For as by one man's disobedience many are made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." Romans 5:19 The first man it is speaking of in the verse is Adam. Because of his disobedience, we all are born sinners. And the second half of the verse talks about Jesus, the Precious, Righteous Son of God who came to earth  to provide a way of salvation for us sinners! Praise His name! However, when I read this verse, the Lord impressed something upon my heart.... I am one. And if I as one person am obedient to the Lord's command of sharing the Truth of the Gospel, then through my life I too, can make a difference in others. Of course I can not save anyone from their sins, only God can do that. But remember in Romans 10:14 - "....and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?..."
If I don't share the Gospel, then how many people may not have the opportunity to trust the Lord for salvation? So my life does make a difference in other's lives. I pray that God will strengthen and embolden me to be a better witness for Him. And may you too, seek out those that God wants you to reach out to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)