Friday, January 13, 2012

God's Promises

This past weekend I heard from a friend that a young man I knew in California had gone to Glory Saturday night.  A few years back, he had had some heart problems, but all seemed be well for quite some time. Then Saturday night while he was out walking, he had a heart attack and died. He was just 22 years old. It was a little bit of a rough weekend to say the least. But I am comforted by the fact that I will see him again. For God's Word say that all those who place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their personal and only Saviour will live forever. Michael had done this, so I am confident that one day we will meet again up in heaven.

over the school building
God's promises are sure. I was reminded of that fact just this past Tuesday. I left the school building thinking of Michael, when I looked behind me, I saw the most vivid, vibrant rainbow I think I have ever seen. The rainbow is another of God's promises to mankind and it reminded me of all God's promises. Course I didn't have my camera with me that moment and be the time I walked to my house and got it, the rainbow wasn't as vivid. But here is a picture of it anyways. Within 15 minutes the rainbow had completely disappeared from the sky. But God's promises never fade!!! 


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend Barrie :( but he must be really happy right now! Funny I was reminded yesterday that God will always come thru but in the mean time learn the lesson :) Love reading your blog as I sit at my desk driking my sweet tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sarah! God is and always will be good! what a comfort! enjoy your sweet tea and the sunshine coming thru your window. hoping it warms up for you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)