Friday, January 6, 2012

One Day at a Time!!!

The Lord has been impressing on my heart lately the fact that I only have today to live. I am such a planner. I love looking ahead in life and planning out what I want to do in a month or 6 months or even a year away. While there is nothing really wrong with that, sometimes it takes my focus off living today the way I should. 
I am not promised tomorrow, so I need to focus on living today in such a way that it brings glory to my Saviour's name. So many times, I think of things I want to accomplish in a new year, but big things are accomplished by doing little things first. For example, I am still working on a quilt that I started, oh about 6 years ago... That quilt as much as I'd like it to, is not completed all in one day. It takes many small steps to put it all together.

So, my verse for this month is Isaiah 28:10 - "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"
And my goal is to accomplish thing I've wanted to do for a long.... by simply LIVING TODAY!

some pics from last years trip to Lithuania

"as a tree planted by the river..."

1 comment:

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)