Thursday, February 13, 2014

Trusting

Do you trust me? 

Yes, came the reply. 

But why? 

Because I know you. 

The above is a snippet of a conversation I had somewhat recently with a friend. I was attempting to show them that in order for one to trust God, they must know God. Who trusts a total stranger with anything important? Not me! 

God wants us to know Him. Not just to know about Him, but know Him personally, like one does their friends. How you say? Well, but spending time with Him, talking to Him, reading what He's wrote to you. Thinking (it's called meditating) about what you know regarding Him.

Isn't it funny how you share something with someone to encourage or challenge them and then it turns around on you? Not long after the conversation about trusting God with my friend, I was in the midst of comparing myself to others I know and feeling like I came short in every area. My blog isn't as cool as theirs. Wish I was as pretty as her. She has all the cool stories. blah blah blah. 

Then God spoke to my heart -


Barrie, do you trust me?  


Yes, of course, I do. 


Well, I'm the One who made you, correct? 

I chose your looks, your strengths and weaknesses, your talents and personality. 

Thank you Lord, for reminding me that we are all individuals. And that you didn't intend for me to try to be like someone else, but instead just to be me. 


It's easy in a world of social media to feel inferior, like everyone else has it all together. But honestly, they don't. Not anymore than you do. So, just trust God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)