Thursday, February 27, 2014

Back to School

When I was in high school, I had no intention of furthering my education with university studies. Also had no desire to be a teacher of any kind.

Well, fast forward several years. I've attended Secondary schooling for 4+ years now and taught many times over. Funny thing is, now I enjoy school, both being a student and a teacher.

Thought I was done though being a full time student... well, that's going to change. I just started an online English course this past week. Also applied for admission back at UAF (where I got my Associates from). Since I already have my AAS, I should only need two more years before earning my Bachelors. And if I work hard (take summer classes), might be able to achieve that goal in eighteen months.


Meanwhile, I've been steadily working on a TESOL course online. For those of you who don't know what that is.... Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. I have about two weeks left to finish the course. Yay! I've wanted to do this for a long time and finally set my mind to it. It's been informative and I hope to put all that knowledge to good use. Maybe it will even help me get a job overseas teaching English.... one could hope. Until then, I'll use it here to help the students I tutor and for the classes I occasionally fill in for.

With everything else going on in my life, it is a challenge to keep up with school some days. But I have a goal in mind and I'm pressing on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)