Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Political Rant

Can I get on my Political Soapbox for a few moments? 

I am not usually very vocal about political matters. I do vote, which I think every citizen of America should do. You complain about government's ever increasing debt, or the government's shut down or about individual politicians you don't like.... But do you vote? Do you make your voice heard in the political arena? 

We the People of the United States are responsible for the condition of our government. After all, our politicians are elected officials. We are the ones who have allowed them to serve term after term after term. 

If I were the President of the United States..... 
this is very hypothetical, but just humor me.... 

I would not accept a salary of $400,000. 
and members of Congress who are no longer serving, would also no longer receive a paycheck. (it's simple, you don't work for something, why get paid for it) duh
those individuals who think they need welfare (free money) will have to work to receive their stamps or checks or other government assistance
we would not  fund ridiculous projects, such as poison ivy eating goats (really?)
we would not spend money that we don't have! 

Pretty much, I would just have common sense if I were President. 
Come on people, do you really want the government telling you everything that you or can't do. 

I don't have Health Insurance right now. And you know what? that's MY choice!
The government should NOT require me to pay for something that I don't want. 
Thought this was the Land of the Free...

ok, that was my little rant for the day. 
I'm thankful that God, the Creator of the Universe, is my Friend and my Father. No matter what happens with my government and country, I am still His. And NOTHING will ever change that. Rich or poor, dead or alive, I belong to Christ. My joy/attitude will not be affect by whether the government is operational or in shut down. 

GOD BLESS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)