Monday, September 23, 2013

Hunting

Been a while I know since I blogged... just when you think life is slowing down... yeah it doesn't. :) 
Just a few pictures that I never posed from Colorado. Went to the Garden of the gods while there and it was pretty cool. I know they say all this stuff about these large red rocks taking millions of years to form yada yada. But God is the True Creator and He was the one to put this massive rocks there. I just drove through the park, but would like to go back and do some hiking there. Maybe when it's not so hot. 




Last week my dad, youngest brother and I went moose hunting. My bro and I both have never shot a moose. This was my third time out for moose and my brother's sixth, or was it seventh, I don't remember. Both of our previous trips, someone in the group had gotten a moose, just not us. And, well, we didn't change anything this year. :/ only came close to one moose, but by the time I got to where my dad was, the moose had started walking away and I didn't see it. Saw lots of tracks on our path and where two bulls were fighting, even a cow and calf, but no other bulls. oh well. 

We had a good time - I got caught up on sleep, which was really nice after working that second, late night job this summer. We ate well.... my dad's pretty notorious for cooking well when hunting. We picked late season blueberries and made fresh pancakes with them. Yum! 

Was pretty cold out a couple days. First day the wind blew like crazy all day. In fact it felt colder that day than the next when we had snow on the ground. Yep, you read that right, SNOW. We had our first snowfall of the year and the second snowfall (today). I know the calendar says the first day of Autumn was this past Sunday, but clearly it wasn't made for Alaska. :D 

mode of transportation - actually we walked mostly

our hotel

my favorite pic from this week

looking for moose!

picking blueberries in the snow

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! This makes me SO HOMESICK! Snow! Hunting! Camping out! No fair! :( :D Suffice it to say, the city is wearing on me. :)

    Anyway, I always enjoy your updates. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love those fall foliage pics, and the blueberries in the snow! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)