Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sun Rising

The shorter days allows me to experience the magnitude of an incredible sunrise. During the summer months, I occasionally see the setting sun at 1am or midnight... (thanks to my night job) But sunrises, yeah I don't usually see those during the summer. I'm not one to get up at 3am to see the sun rise. :) 

But wish you could have been with me this past week on my drives to work. One day last week when I turned from my dirt road on to the main road into town, the eastern sky was just beginning to come alive. I drove west into town, so the horizon before me was still a combination of blues and grays. But glancing in my rear view mirror, light flooded my eyes. As the minutes passed, the blue began to be tinted with pink, then more pink and orange. Pulling into the parking lot, the entire heavens were ablaze with color. The sun was just cresting the horizon, but the world was overwhelming alive with color and light. 

I thought of John 12:32 - "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." 

As the sun that morning (and again today) rose higher into the sky, no part of the heavens were not reached with it's light. Clouds that once appeared blue and gray were now pink and eventually white. If we lift Christ up, He will do the drawing of sinners to Himself. His Word does not return void, so we must share His Word. 

Not only do I enjoy a sunrise for the awesome, inspiring beauty which magnifies my God, but it is also a wonderful reminder that my job as a child of God is raise Him up. I am to bring Him glory with my life; every aspect of my life. 

sun rise from last year, viewed from my front porch

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for you comment in my blog! I have a mild obsession with Alaska and meeting people that live there. It just seems like such an adventurous place to live! Love the sunrise! God displays His best work during Ohio winters both in the sunrises and sunsets! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barrie...could I have your email address? I wanted to ask you a question not as a comment on your blog :) If you want, I have a link to my email on my blog and you can email me from there!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)