Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hohhot, Inner Mongolia

Went up to Inner Mongolia for a weekend... Inner Mongolia is a province of China, it is not the country of Mongolia. Big Difference. Just to clarify for those who aren't up on their Asian geography. :) 
There are a lot of Mongolians who live in the province and the signs are all in Chinese and Mongolian. Only thing is, they use the old script Mongolian, not Cyrillic. So, I couldn't read any of it. And the whole time I was there, I didn't hear any Mongolian being spoken. 

It is a cool little city. One thing about Chinese cities, they look pretty cool at night. I wasn't able to get too many pictures and these ones barely give any justice. But the apartment I stayed at was on the 14th floor so I had a nice view of downtown. There's usually a lot of buildings lit up and many of them change colors, as you can see from the next three pictures. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)