Sunday, April 28, 2013

Highlights from my Trip

Was trying to figure out some numbers from my trip around Asia. As best as I can figure....

Airports - 18 different ones, a total of almost 40x
(one airport I visited 9x!)

Hours in the Air - 80+ flying!!
plus another 50 or so hours of layovers

Hours on a train - 19 (for a 9 hour trip)

Hours on a bus - about 40

Beds slept in - 28

Drank GALLONS of tea

Ate yak, camel, horse, fish, even tofu (once), but no dog

Rode a scooter! (for 3 seconds)

6 months in Asia - PRICELESS

Since I've been home, many have asked me how my trip was.... how do I condense 6 months of experience, joys and sorrows in just a short answer? It was a good trip - because my God is a good God!

I went to some new places this time, met a lot of new people, experienced some crazy days, had sleepless nights, cried many tears, laughed even more. I hope that I was able to encourage those I visited.
Most of all, from this trip I am thankful for what the Lord has done in my heart personally. He has taught me much, refined me through sorrow, encouraged me with joy and has allowed me to be a small part of other's  ministries.

Here's a picture from each month...


October - Kashgar's Old City

November - friends in HOT southern India

December - Ganges River in Varanasi

January - sunrise in Hatgal

February - Tsagaan Sar with Cofer kids

March - my little buddy Daniel!

April - day I left Asia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)