Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beautiful City

I am not much of a city girl. I prefer smaller towns and the country. Its fun to visit cities but I'm sure I would find it hard to live in one for the rest of my life. But I've discovered I have a new favorite city. Between Asia and Alaska, I stopped off in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to visit a dear friend. 

I've been to Vancouver before, but it has been many years and we never went downtown. This time around, I did make it downtown. Such a fascinating, lovely city. I love the old buildings and the creativity of architecture. And with it being on the water, that just added to it's beauty. It was a clear, sunny day when I explored. The sky was crisp and clear, the mountains topped with snow surrounded the city. 

And there are just SO many places to see... and tons of food to try.... any kind of ethnic food you like, I'm sure you'd be able to find it there. It is a melting pot of nationalities and they all bring their foods for our enjoyment. Little restaurants on every street. Thai food, Chinese, Italian, Greek, African, Middle Eastern, Indian, etc. 

Course the best part of the trip was visiting my awesome friend, Hannah! I'm thankful to know her. God has blessed me with a great friend who understands me more than many others. 

Downtown Vancouver

at the pier



friends from college

Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)