Monday, November 26, 2012

Psalms & Apple Pie

Everyone has days that they are discouraged. Guess its just part of living here on a sin filled earth. Even Paul had to remind himself to be content in all states of life. When I am down, I have several things I do to encourage myself. Lately, I have discovered another way. Now, we are not all alike, so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa. 

The past few days, I have taken to reading the Psalms OUT LOUD. It is easy for me to get distracted when I am reading the Word of God silently. So, I've been reading out loud and putting much emphasis on the reading. I try to read it as if I was the one saying or writing it. It has greatly encouraged my heart. There is so much truth in the book of Psalms about our God and what He thinks of us and how He takes care of us.

"I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about."
"I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high."
"LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:"
"But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation."
"Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

And, another way to cheer me up.... :)
Apple Pie!


well, any kind of baking would probably do, but that's the one we chose last night. I had three helpers that were very anxious to help, I think so they could eat it faster. :p The type of apples were new to me and probably not my favorite, but we made do. And of course, a square pie is not the norm, but hey we are in India, guys! And who cares what it looks like as long as it tastes good!
and it was yummy!!!


3 comments:

  1. I agree, the Psalms always seem to help with discouragement! =) Your picture of the kitchen in India made me smile since it looks so similar to the kitchen we had where we stayed in India.
    I hope you are having lots of fun over there! Oh and I finally saw and told Donny Wilson that I knew you, lol. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Barry! I enjoyed reading over your latest blogs. Walking with our Saviour is definitely an exciting journey. I'm so glad to know you and to see the Lord's working in your life.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)