Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fireworks!!


My last night in south India was the Hindu festival of lights. While I am not a Hindu and don't appreciate their strange ideas and beliefs, I have to admit they do some pretty amazing firework shows. 
Everyone and their brother buys fireworks, crackers, sparklers, etc. and has a good time. Its not like America where you can't set off crackers in the city limits. Don't think the Indians have gotten that memo. lol
And they set them off at all times during the day. One morning, I was awoke to the sound of a string of a 1000 firecrackers, right outside my bedroom window. At times, it sounded like we lived in a war zone. And outside even looked like it. 


awesome picture, yes?




After it got dark and everyone started going crazy with the crackers, we went up the 5th story roof of our building to see the grand display. We were in the center of the city, so we were surrounded by exploding lights and loud noises. Some huge ones were going off right above us and we were ducking for cover, literally. It was impressive to say the least. I love fireworks in other countries. A lot of more dangerous, but so much more exciting. 





1 comment:

  1. Awesome. =)Yeah, I don't think India has gotten any building code memos or um smog emissions memos either, ha! (to name just a few!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)