Tuesday, March 27, 2012

BBQ before Spring Break

This last week was my Spring Break, but before I tell about that....
the Thursday before Break started, some of the girls wanted to have a cookout at the local park and then play games and such. I volunteered to grill, cause I love to (and I learned from the best, my dad!)
grilling burgers
everyone waiting for the burgers :)

I made large moose/beef burgers and we headed to the park early so I could get the grill going.... 
uh, so there's no grills at the park like we thought. We were told later that they had removed them because of the burn ban earlier in the year. So, frantic call to Michael - "hey, bring my grill from school, please!"


Ok, so now we have the grill... but its only so big, we started it later than planned and I was almost out of lighter fluid, so it didn't get going very well. By the time I got done with the burgers everyone was hungry which is probably why they said they liked them so much. But we still had lots of fun. 

smores!
And some even roasted marshmallows over the fire for smores. 
Later we played Ultimate Frisbee, Ninga and another... uh, interesting game. Zip, Zip, Bong (to you Caleb!)

Oh and someone decided to try to throw the Frisbee over the roof of the pavilion.... uh yeah, not a good idea. So, Michael was our monkey and climbed the tree to rescue it. We were concerned that he'd fall and we'd have to "rescue" him. Thankfully it was all well. 
Michael the Monkey
Pictures soon of Spring break.... (Tanna)

1 comment:

  1. Fiiiiinally!!! Jk! Ok, so did someone there go to Champion?? Thanks for updating! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)