Saturday, January 3, 2015

Welcome 2015

Reflecting back over 2014, again, I am so amazed by my God. He is ever faithful and so good to me. He not only gives me my daily needs, but blesses far above what I deserve. God has given me so many amazing opportunities in this life. I am grateful. 

A year ago January, I was home in Alaska, working and debating on what was the next step in life. Before making any major decisions, decided to have some fun first. :) Went down to Anchorage for the weekend with so crazy awesome friends. Enjoyed a hockey game, Piano Guys concert, cruising around town with a Dodge Ram, a midnight trip to Seward and so much more. 

Road Trip! 

In March, I decided to go back to school and finish my Bachelors. Took one course during the spring semester and one during the summer months. Then hit the books hard in the Fall semester. There were a few days, when I questioned myself, wondering why I was going back to school. But I am close to being finished and I look forward to what God has next. 

Even with school, the days weren't all drudgery and hardwork. I had plenty of crazy, fun times.... like the night of the lunar eclipse.... or traveling in Illinois, which included a NHL game and breaking into my friend's house.... volunteering for the Arctic Winter Games held in Fairbanks this year....  trip to one of my favorite cities, Vancouver, BC for a wedding.... a weekend flight to Selawik.... camping in Denali.... so many stories from this year.

night of the lunar eclipse

wedding fun

Selawik, Alaska

Denali, AK

This summer was a full one; was still working at Aerofuel and then a couple nights a week at the airport. Also, had an opportunity to tutor a teen from Hong Kong in English. During the summer, that was usually 6 hours a week of tutoring. Yes, sometimes I tend to be a workaholic. 

The end of the year found me with my nose in a book or writing papers. This semester at UAF was a tough one since I am nearing the end of my degree and most of my classes are upper level. I had several writing intensive classes, which means a lot of reading and then a lot of writing. So glad for this Christmas break! 

One of my not so favorite moments of this year was my very good friend Whitnie leaving.... :'( Whit has been a true friend from the first day we met. We've had wonderful times of just talking, laughing, drinking coffee and praying together. I miss having her here, but glad she is following the Lord's leading. And Lord willing, I'll see her in a few months!! 

sweet time with Whit

A major highlight for me this year, was getting to go to SIBBC and teach a two week English Writing class. It was tough fitting that in, since it fell in the middle of my fall semester, but we made it work. What a blessing it was to me to meet young people, who love God and his Word, who want to use their serve God with their lives, either in translating the Bible into languages or other ministry. It was a refreshing time for me spiritually. 

my class in India

And now, 2015 stretches out in front of me.... an huge, empty slate.Ready to be filled with my choices. May I always listen and yield to God's promptings.  

Arabian Desert

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing how your doing. Can't wait till we hear more.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)