Friday, January 9, 2015

2015 Goals

Even though last year, I did not accomplish all I intended to in 2014, still going to set some goals for this new year. Goals are good; they give me something to work towards. Even if I don't exactly complete them, probably still do more while working at them than if I had no goals. 

So, drumroll..... 
my goals for 2015 include....

Spiritual goals - 
1. memorize more Scripture. Last year, my intention was to memorize the book of Philippians. That did not happen, but I really want to memorize more of God's Word this year. So, I'm committing to 5 verses a month. 
2. fast and pray more. Have some ideas for fasting; I think one month I'm going to take a break from facebook. One month I'll go without coffee (gasp). And we'll go from there. It is partly an exercise in self-control and partly a way to focus more on God. 
3. Read through the entire Bible. Actually, I would like to read through the Bible in 100 days. It'll take some commitment and time, but going to give it a try. 


Physical goals - 
I've been wanting to be in better shape physically for a while. Last week, I went to a Krav Maga class.... whew. and realized just how out of shape I am! So, again its time to buckle down and do the hard things. I'm debating on taking the Krav class weekly and plan on playing more tennis, skating and running. We'll see how it all plays out. 
Also, this year, going to make a point of eating more healthy. Next month, I am planning on doing a 3 day cleanse. 


Random other goals - 
1. The other day on fb, I saw some people were talking about doing random acts of kindness throughout this next year. They were asking for people to join in and commit to blessing five people at some time during 2015 with a random act of kindness. So, I'm going to set my own goal.... once a month, I will bless someone randomly. Maybe with a note or small gift. And not someone I am close to, could be a stranger or a casual acquaintance. 
2. Last year, I set the goal of visiting 3 new countries.... but only added one to my list. So, this year, I am shooting for two new countries and one US state. (Kentucky, you have eluded me too long)
3. One goal, I am really looking forward to completing is earning my BA! (finally) I may have to do a little extra work to get it all together, but prayerfully by December I will have my degree in hand. And then the world awaits..... 




2 comments:

  1. I think Australia should probably be one of those countries ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite possibly. Specially if I get to hang out with you and my other awesome friend. And of course, meet some good lookin' Aussies.... ;)

      Delete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)