Saturday, January 24, 2015

Alone, and yet Not Alone

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. I sat not in the assembly of the mockers, nor rejoiced; I sat alone because of thy hand: for thou has filled me with indignation.   Jeremiah 15: 16-17

Ever have those moments (or days), that you feel so alone? Surrounded by people, and yet alone. I am so glad that I may be alone, yet I am never truly alone. For my God is my constant Companion. 

God created us to be social people. He said of Adam, "it is not good that the man should be alone;" We are a people who long for love and fellowship. I do not know a single person who really, truly wants to be unloved or unwanted. Personally, it makes me happy to know that people love me. Compliments make me smile. Friends wanting to spend time with me encourages my heart. 

And the opposite is true as well. A friend stops talking to me and I ask myself what I did wrong. Negative comments hurts my feelings. Having noone to spend time with is frustrating. And no one is exempt. Everyone likes being wanted and loved. 

That's why I'm glad I have something and Someone who remains constant in my life. I never have to worry if God loves me today or not. I never have to wonder if He is listening and speaking to me. If I feel He is far away, I am the one who has moved, not Him. I may have to remind myself of His love, but that does not change the fact His love is consistent and unchanging. 

So today I may be alone. And maybe again next week. But God is still with me. So really I am NOT alone. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, whenever you feel alone give me a call! :) By the way, your crazy, curly red hair always looks amazing ;) (Did that make you smile?)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)