Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mornings

On my way to work the other day, these random thoughts flooded my mind.... "I have so much energy! I am not tired! It's 7:30 in the morning and I'm wide awake!" 

You know how nice it was to have those thoughts!? It's easy to forget what it's like to not be tired when you live tired all the time. I enjoyed everything this summer, but the lack of sleep does get to a person after a while. Now that things have slowed down some and sleep is a regular part of my schedule again (a full night's sleep), I feel like myself again! And it is a wonderful thing!! I'm not going to make any ridiculous promises like - it will always be like this.... or I'll never have such a crazy schedule again.... cause we all know, those promises wouldn't last. But for now, I'm going to enjoy it! 

Another morning this week, I looked out the window when I first got up. Wow. Looked frantically for a camera, but couldn't find one, so I'll do my best to describe what I saw.... 

The firmament was shrouded with a dark blanket of cloud that ended abruptly just above the visible mountains on the far southeastern horizon. The sun was rising, but was yet unseen from my location; however his rays were cast on the distant mountains, causing it's snowy tops to flaunt their crystal clear details. What were previously dull orange birch leaves encircling my view of the mountains were now illuminated by the sunlight. Brilliant, florescent yellow and orange leaves glowed against the dark gray sky as a forest fire's blaze. Truly amazing morning view. 

Hard to understand how people can look at our world and deny there is a Great Creator. My God is an Amazing artist! 

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork." Psalm 19:1

1 comment:

  1. Hey Barrie, I love reading your blog post, they are very encouraging and always make me want to visit Alaska again! And your pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)