Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sunny August

Summer's not over yet! The past few days have been sunny and warm. And the forecast for the next week is looking good.... I'm really happy we will have a few more sunny, hot days before winter sets in. Especially since I have visitors coming up this month! and we I have BiG plans for them! :)

It's rare that I get visitors! I do see a lot of people here in Alaska, but usually they come up for something else and while here I get to enjoy a little of their time. For which I am grateful, but this time I get them all to myself. Okay, so maybe I'm a little selfish at times. 

In anticipation of these friends visiting, I bought a tent. I've never really camped out in Alaska before. I mean I've slept in tents and stuff. But for hunting or teen camp, not just to camp. I'm pretty stoked about using my tent for the first time. It's going to be an epic camping trip.... with all FIVE of us! (four adults and one baby)

testing out my new tent
So, funny story about my tent... 

I had bought it and then was so busy that it sat untouched in my room for about two weeks, before I even pulled it out of the bag. One night decided to set it up to see how easy to set up it was and how it looked. Cleared a space in our living room floor and up it went. I wanted to take a picture to send to my friends, so I pulled out my phone. My dad was on the couch watching me, so he suggested I get in the tent and he would take the picture so I could be in it. Good idea. I handed him my phone and told him to push the white circle button on the bottom of the screen to take the picture. I proceeded to get into my tent. Stuck my head out and smiled. And waited and waited. Finally, I asked if he was ever going to take the picture. He replied he didn't know if it worked or not. He slid my phone back over and I looked at my camera roll. 

"Dad, you took 32 pictures!" haha, he has no idea how to use my iphone. He still uses an old model, flip phone. But it does work. And he even texts now! 

happy August to you all. Hope you have some sunshine wherever you are. 

5 comments:

  1. That is a fun picture! When are you coming back through OK? Carinna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carinna! I don't know... last time I was in OK was for Dustin & Hannah's wedding, so thinking I'm overdue for a visit! We'll see how the next year plays out. :)

      Delete
  2. 5 of you are going to sleep in that tent????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no. :) just two of us. I have another tent for the others. that would have been interesting.... haha

      Delete
  3. Can't wait!!! BTW ur hair looks awesome in that pic ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)