Monday, January 27, 2014

Randomness from the Week

Been an interesting week. Guess I should learn that life will always be interesting. Last Saturday had a small part in a friend's wedding. I did two of the bridesmaids' hair, other last minute running around and served cake at the reception. I had forgotten how much work, but how much I enjoy doing weddings. 

wedding hair

at the wedding reception

After the dinner reception that night, my sister, friend and I went to a college basketball game cause a summer coworker was playing. He had a good game, but their team lost at the end. Couldn't quite decide who to cheer for - my friend's team or our local University's team who I normally cheer for. So just cheered for both. :) 

When we were leaving the parking lot I was pulled out in the lane waiting for a car in front of me to pull out of its parking spot. The car to my right decided to back out of its parking spot. That's cool, except I was sitting right behind her. She obviously didn't see me, cause she backed right into my front passenger door. So was a little while before I actually left and went home. Thankfully she has insurance and that issue should be resolved here soon. 

new dent on my car

This week was also filled with warm weather - lots of it. Normally January is our coldest month of the winter, not this year! We've had temps in the 20s and 30s most of the month and even into the 40s. I don't mind the warm weather, it's kinda nice. Except when it rains along with those warmer temps. Thursday and Friday the roads were pretty slick and icy. Thankfully DOT did a good job staying on top of things. They sanded and sanded the roads. Wasn't too bad in town, but outside of the city limits (like near my house) the roads were a little scary. I didn't drive home Thursday night; ended up leaving my car at work and getting a ride home with my dad. Days like that I wish I had a truck or a SUV or even a subaru. 

The morning the roads were the worst, I had to take a coworker to the Emergency Room. I took it pretty slow, she probably wondered if we'd ever get to the hospital. But we made it! And because the roads were so bad, my office closed early, so I didn't have to go back to work. I forget what it's like to drive around town and do what I want in the middle of the afternoon - when the suns shining! We are gaining sunlight now each day, but still drive to work in the dark and head home in the dark. So thankful my office has big windows! I can actually enjoy the sunlight during the middle of the day. 

Finished off the week with Hockey. Friday night our team had a shut out and Saturday night was like a different team was playing and our opponents shut us out. Our women's team also had their first homegames ever. I wasn't able to make it to those games, but we played well from the report I got; 7-0 and 10-0. 

Because it was so warm and everything melting, part of our driveway is ice. My sister actually skated on our driveway today! Fun for her, but not so cool for the rest of us who are parking there and then trying to drive out each morning. Thankfully I haven't had much of a problem with my car. My feet on the other hand... I literally fell into my driver's seat the other day cause my foot slipped. Ha. 


skating on our driveway



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)