Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Goals

What is it that you want to accomplish in 2014? A new year, a clean slate, a fresh start.... it's all there for your choices to fill up with. A friend asked me last week what was on my list to accomplish for this year. I hadn't really thought about it, so I took some time to.... 

I thought of a few things I'd like to do/complete this year. Maybe if I put them on here for all the world to see, I'll have more motivation to work at them. :) 

First - I want to memorize the entire book of Philippians. 
Whew, lofty goal, right? well, I think I can do it! I've read stories of people who have memorized huge portions of the Bible, so if they can do it, so can I! It just takes a bit of time. If I set aside a few minutes each day, it won't be that hard. Feel free to ask me through out the year, how that's coming along. 




Second - Run a 5K race. 
Not just be able to run 5kms, but an actual race. Preferably this summer, since I live in Alaska and there isn't many races in the winter time. :) I have Amber as my inspiration. I've never been much of a runner, but since I've started, it's been enjoyable. 

Third - Learn a new sport. 
I live in Alaska..... and I've never skied, snowboarded or played hockey. Crazy, right? Well, I'm planning on changing that. Probably will be terrible at whichever one I try, but am going to at least try! Last summer, I played tennis for the first time and loved it! Thinking I might try to take a few lessons this summer, so I can really know what I'm doing. Ha. any other ideas? 


Fourth - visit (at least) three new countries. 
Those I've mentioned this one too, say that should be easy for me. But not necessarily. I love most of the places I've been to, so always want to go back.... I have to plan and schedule for the new ones. Any guesses on what countries it will be this year? 


As of right now, that's all on my list, but maybe I'll do something new and exciting this year that I haven't even thought of yet! What about you? Anything you are striving to accomplish this year? You have 358 days left to get it done! 

Set those goals and start working!! 

4 comments:

  1. A couple of goals that I'd like to accomplish this year are: studying the Proverbs 31 woman in-depth along with memorizing Prov 31:10-31, and furthering my piano education (and hopefully improving my ability!) by taking Greg Howlett's piano courses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proverbs 31 woman - what an inspiration! ah, piano... one of these years, I'm going to set the goal of learning how to play and DO it! Still kick myself for not taking lessons when I was younger. Some day....

      Delete
  2. Scripture memory is one of my main goals this year, as well. Finish the semester, graduate, and follow Christ toward whatever's next. With so much change right now it's hard to really set goals; I have a sketch of what I'd like to do but all I can really do is take it day by day as He leads! You know what I'm talking about. ;) I'm excited to hear about this year's adventures in your life! Godspeed, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finish Strong, Naomi! God will lead, in His timing. Just keep trusting and following Him day by day and life will be more than you ever dreamed! Enjoy your last semester!!

      Delete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)