Friday, August 9, 2013

BLUEBERRIES

It's that time of year and this is a Good year! We've had some amazing weather this summer, so our berry harvest is excellent! I've heard many people say that this is the best year they have ever seen for blueberries. I know a couple families who have 5 to 10 gallons of berries! We don't have near that amount, but our freezer is quickly filling up... with berries and salmon!! 

Salmon is a staple here in Alaska. I thought it was strange that some of my friends in the States had never had salmon or just had it once at a restaurant or paid an exorbitant price for it. I remember one year when were kids, we had salmon so much, that we begged my mom not to cook it any more for us. 

And I just found out we are going to get a lot our salmon smoked! The awesome, not to salty/smoky way! mmm, going to be a good winter. Oh and once I get my moose this year, ;) our freezer will be packed. 
Loving Harvest Time in Alaska!

BIG blueberries (for Alaska)



4 comments:

  1. Wow, those blueberries do look good. I remember picking blueberries up in Unalakleet on my first trip to Alaska. It took us forever to de-stem them afterwards lol but the blueberry cinnamon rolls we made with them afterwards were amazing! Enjoy them for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, I've never tried blueberry cinnamon rolls! Sounds delish! My dad is a lover of blueberry muffins, so we eat a lot of those! and I love blueberry pancakes!

      Delete
  2. Hello! Wonderful post! I have stumbled across your blog via a lady that I follow ~arctic adventures carole shull~ and I absolutely love your blog! And now am a follower! Just thought I'd let you know how much I like your blog! :)

    Sarah Ortiz ~ www.theortizs.blogspot.com~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like my blog. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)