Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May Randomness

I was thinking today on my way home from work about needing to update my blog... had all these thoughts in my head about what to write about. Now that I'm home and my laptop open, I can't think of a single thing! 
So, who knows where this post will end up....

The month of May is always a busy one. My dad and sister arrived home from Africa, Europe and/or the Lower 48 on my birthday. The next day I had the day off work. It was nice to have everyone together again. We grilled and had a relaxing day. 

May also means the beginning of the seasonal tourist season - which for me means my second job. Last summer, I worked nights at the airport cleaning airplanes (among other things). I started that back up a couple weeks ago, though now I've decided it would be better for me not to continue the job. So, after this week, I'm going to just be on call, instead of having a normal schedule. Even with just the few nights I've worked, it's been an adventure! Always something happening at the airport! 

One of the most exciting things that happened recently, is that Spring finally came to Alaska! April and the beginning part of May were unusually cold for here. I believe we had the 5th coldest spring on record. Many were wondering if summer would ever come. Well, it came! and it came full force!! One week we were deicing the planes and the next week it was 70+ degrees! The last week we've had above average temps for this time of year. Over the weekend, the trees budded and now we have green everywhere! 

The business of summer has already begun... and will continue to speed up.... This Sunday is our annual Kids Carnival at church (we had to push it back a couple weeks cause it was so cold). Then I head to the Lower 48 for week. After that, it's camp, camp and more camp. Amongst all that, I plan on soaking up some sun along the way. :) Love summer!!!

Congrats to my friend Oliva on graduating from UAF!!! 

soaking up the sun!

my wonderful coworker who is leaving - gonna miss her!!

the awesome people I work with!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Barrie!! I just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and for commenting! Madison's pretty awesome, isn't she? And not just her voice. I've enjoyed rubbing shoulders with her in the blog world!

    Happy to have found your blog, have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison is awesome, actually her whole family is! And her mom makes the best rolls in the world! :) Thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! YES SHE DOES! :) I just decided to pop over on your blog and I found people actually talking about me!! :) Love you guys!

      Delete
  3. I'm the same way - thinking of things I should write and then sitting down and having nothing to say, haha.
    Hope you have a good summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)