Saturday, June 4, 2011

Faithfulness amongst Change

Inuvik, NWT

Change. Faithfulness. At first glance these two words do not seem to go hand in hand. Yet with God, change can be endured with faithfulness. Change is something that cannot avoided in life. It is a consistent occurrence in everyone’s life, though some change is definitely harder to deal with than others.

Inukshuk
I am currently in Inuvik, NWT, Canada. I lived here with the Donleys about six years ago. It’s always a pleasure to come back and visit with everyone, but this year things are different…. 

Things are changing here and many transitions are occurring. Yet, through it all I can see the hand of the Lord. And I see the faithfulness of His servants. As I reminded the last night I was at Teen Camp, faithfulness is what God requires of His servants. I Cor. 4:2 “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” BD preached a marvelous, convicting sermon about God requiring each of His children to be faithful. Not everyone has the same amount of talents, or money, or time, or abilities, but each of us does have what it takes to be faithful. Faithfulness is what God is pleased with. Faithfulness can be defined as ‘consistent with truth.’ As a believer in Christ, staying loyal to the Truth of the Word of God is being faithful. And anyone can do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)