Friday, June 10, 2011

Arctic Summer. aka Snow in June

Well, I know its June, but I've seen snow the past three days. Up here in the Arctic, the weather is always unpredictable, but it is still a marvelous place to be. Especially if you are with friends. This past Sunday was the grad for Norman. Can't believe I was his teacher five years ago when he was in 7th grade. I'm thankful God allowed me to be a part of his life and to live here in Inuvik for a winter. I have many great (some crazy) memories from up here. :) 
cold boat ride :)
 Tuesday I flew over to Aklavik to visit with friends for a few days. Not much to do there, but we had fun hanging out. Wednesday afternoon we went for a cold boat ride upriver to the base of the mountains. It was kinda chilly, about 40 degrees F. But we had fun and got to see a bald eagle on the way back. Flew back over here to Inuvik today. Ceiling was only about 2300ft, so we had to fly pretty low. And we ran into lots of snow closer to this side. Kinda pretty, except that it's June! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying yourself and you can keep that snow! I am trying to soak up all the warmth Alaska is offering right now. Actually, it's mostly wet today, but at least it's not snow:) See you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)