Sunday, April 10, 2016

Back in Xinjiang after Three Years

Three years ago, I experienced the trip of a lifetime. Friends and I went on a ten day trip around the Xinjiang province. We had an amazing tour guide, so we got to see and do a lot more than we would have if we had been by ourselves. This past month I had to awesome privilege to visit these wonderful friends, who are now living there. We had a grand time exploring new places in their city and even nearby places. 

One day we went to a park across the city, and they actually had water in their fountains and manmade creeks! There are a lot of parks that have fountains or places for water, but lack the H2O. Not sure if that's because its so much trouble to clean it out all the time, or what. Anyways, we had brought a picnic lunch and enjoyed being outdoors. The pond had been freshly stocked with fish, so there was goldfish out the wazoo. 


My little buddy/nephew and I had fun! especially with the big bell at the park. During my time there, I taught him all kinds of fun things... hehe Isn't that what aunts are for? and he has an unique laugh, just like me! There's his regular baby-like laugh and then sometimes he starts chuckling in a deep-throated base voice, like an old man. I love it! 





Some days we sure wore out Little Man. Sometimes we just relaxed around the house, but other days were long days filled with adventure! Stay tuned for more adventure stories.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)