Friday, December 13, 2013

Back to America

Between my stay in Fiji and getting home to Alaska, I went down to the South for a quick visit. Figured it would be a good transition between the extreme heat and the extreme cold. I hadn't planned on the winter storm though that was to hit Texas. Oh well, just a bit of preparation for coming back to the Alaskan winter. 

While in Louisiana I ate some good seafood - crawfish rolls, shrimp pasta and fried catfish. Also enjoyed some jambalaya during that weekend. Yum! that is next on my list to try making. Gotta get that recipe. Also had beignets and au lait, which for those (like me) who don't know French, is donuts and coffee with milk. 

eatin' shrimp, catfish and crawfish

au lait and beignets

enjoying friends


Thanksgiving Day we drove from Louisiana to Texas. So our lunch was a delightful, delicious meal at McDonalds! Okay, so maybe I exaggerated with the delightful, delicious part, but it was actually better than my Thanksgiving meal last year. While traveling we tried to spend some holiday cheer. We gave a loaf of banana bread to a guy at McDonalds and he was really thankful since he was spending the day at work and away from family. The other guy we gave cookies and water to, said they were "kinda hard" cookies. Well, so much for the gratitude. Ha. 

road trip!

stuck in Dallas traffic

I am SO thankful for all the wonderful friends God has blessed me with. 
People are so much fun, aren't they!? :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)