Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Travel and Grace

This past week I flew down to Indianoplis for a conference. My first layover was in Seattle. I had a couple hours, so was stretching my legs and decided to get some coffee. Stopped at Seattle's Best Coffee - the guy working at the counter asked if he I worked at the airport. "uh no." He said I looked familiar.... maybe I've been through Seattle Airport too many times if a guy who works there recognizes me. haha

Took me 12 hours to get from Fairbanks to Indy - 2 layovers. But was excited to get there. Stayed with my awesome friend, LL! We had a great couple days together..... we'll just leave it at that and not go into all the craziness of late nights.... and ping-pong..... and etc. ;) 

picture dedicated to Michael C. :p

having fun

The conference I was invited to and attended was the 2nd Annual WorldView Ministries conference. I'm still somewhat shocked that I got an invitation, but so glad I did!! There were about 45 of us in attendance; about half of whom I already knew. A few I hadn't see in 6 years! It was an incredible, refreshing couple days of being among other believers who have a passion and vision for Bible Translation! Wow! We were encouraged and challenged by our two guest speakers and also the presentations of the various ongoing and upcoming translation projects. 
It was a huge blessing to be among such dedicated people for those few days. Thank You, Lord! 

friends - gotta love the tie-dye 

At the end of my trip, I decided to tack on a visit to some friends in Illinois. I was somewhat uncertain how my visit would go, but God is good. After all God has been teaching me this past winter about His abundant, merciful Grace, it was wonderful to see it displayed in another's life. Another person who was hit even closer to home by the tragedy that I faced a few months ago and to hear him give praise to God in the midst of the trial. Wow. 

My heart is full from this past week. 

love these girls

laughing together :D

thankful for God's grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)