Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quick trip North

This past week I flew to Chicago to meet my youngest brother for about 6 days. We had a great time. We got in around midnight Monday night and after eating at IHOP (yum!), we got on the road. Except for an hour break, we drove the rest of the night to Gaylord, Michigan, arriving about 930am on Tuesday. We stayed there for a couple days, visiting Grace Baptist College, where my brother is considering attending next year. I thought it was pretty up there, maybe cause I've been in Texas so long and anything after here is pretty. :) ok, ok, I know some people love Texas, but I must say its not on my favorites list.

Gaylord, MI
 From there we drove south, going to a our first college football game. It was exciting, but very, very cold! So, we didn't stat for the whole game. But the next day, we made it into South Bend, Indiana! That was one of the highlights of the trip, since we were going to two UAF vs. Notre Dame hockey games! yay! I haven't been to a game since February of this year, so I was excited. They were good games, but alas, we didn't win either one. Though it was close! They had a nice arena there, very new and the people were extra friendly.
 Saturday night we again spent on the road, since we flew out of Chicago Sunday morning. So, for 6 days we spent 2 nights driving/sleeping in the car, 3 nights in a hotel (2 different ones) and 1 night at a friends house. And we traveled almost 1000 miles in those 6 days. Crazy, but fun!!! :D

marching band @ football game
Alaska Nanooks vs. Notre Dame Irish
Hockey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)