Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Wales - the unknown region of the U.K.

I had no idea Wales was so beautiful! I arrived by bus into Cardiff late afternoon and got a quick glimpse of the country. There is a castle in the city (as many European cities do), so we popped in for a quick looksee. Still had an almost 2 hour drive north to my friend's house, so we got on the road soon after arriving into Cardiff. By the time we got to the vicinity of their place, the sun had set and everything was dark. So I was pleasantly surprised when I woke the next morning and looked out their front door. Green rolling hills lined with hedges/fences, dotted with trees and sheep, covered with a misty fog. Beautiful


Spent a few days soaking up the beauty of the countryside, exploring old cathedrals, ancient ruins and talking to intriguing people. Quaint little towns and exquisite scenery with such history! 
I'm thankful for such remarkable hosts, who were always willing to drive me around, answer my endless questions and entertain me for several days. Lovely family so faithful to share the Gospel in a sadly religious, yet dark land. 












have I just entered Narnia!?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)