Monday, December 21, 2015

Bachelor Degree- check!

Well, I did it. In a few weeks, my Bachelor diploma will arrive in the mail. 

It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears.... figuratively speaking at least. It was a ton of work including many late nights, long days, and mental stretching. Probably the hardest part of earning my degree was the fact that I worked a regular job (and sometimes 2 or 3 jobs) throughout the process. And as hard as it is to admit, I'm not as young as I once was. When I worked on my Associate degree just five years ago, I consistently stayed up to 1 o'clock in the morning doing homework. But this past year and half, that was a lot harder to do. There were nights I stayed up late for sure, but my body craved sleep way more than it did years ago. But nonetheless, I survived. Some semesters I felt that I had no life outside of school; even when I was working or driving, or trying to relax, my brain was already thinking of the next assignment. But its all over now! Praise the Lord, for his strength and grace that saw me through this process. 

Many people have asked me what's next...well for one, I plan on catching up on sleep. (though this week, that's not really happening, since I'm working nights, as well as days) I have been enjoying the Christmas season with my family and just relaxing for change. I've been able to read some books, of my own choosing, :) and work on some projects I've put off for a long time. As for what's next. Well, guess you'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure it'll be an adventure whatever happens.... :D

Here's a few random pictures from the past almost two years of school. These may represent some of the motivating factors that kept me persevering-

teaching my nephew about AK hockey :) 

Enjoying sunshine despite sub-zero temps

doing homework by oil lantern - no electricity for days

hosting friends breaks up those long nights of study

nothing like sushi and free dessert to renew the spirit

sunrise!

facetiming a very dear friend half a world away

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)