Thursday, July 9, 2015

Beach Wedding!

I've always heard how beautiful the Pensacola Beach is and I finally got to experience it for myself. It was quite pretty. Especially since I was there at sunset. The only thing was - it was incredibly windy! Like REALLY windy! Course I had worn my hair down, because I thought it would look nice for the wedding. Yeah, bad idea. I had a mop of curls billowing around my head like a Cumulonimbus cloud. 

Pensacola White Sand Beaches
Of course, it was a beautiful wedding, because it was two amazing people joining together for life in the sight of God, family and friends. I've known the bride for almost 20 years and the groom for the past 10 years. You know what makes me feel old? -is the fact that I've taught them both! I have great memories of sitting around the living room coffee table working on ninth grade Algebra with Ang. And Norman, ha! a great student, when he wasn't drawing cartoons in his math notebook. :) 
They have both grown into wonderful, godly adults and our relationship has changed from tutor/student to friend/friend. Ang has been my Canadian sister ever since I lived with their family years ago. So, there wasn't anything to keep me from being there on their special day!

beautiful bride, right before the ceremony

Like I said, the wind was crazy. Ang ended up ditching her veil, cause it just wildly blew all over the place. And you could barely hear them say their vows, but it was still beautiful! And an excellent testimony to the lost family and friends who attended. God was honored.



I really enjoyed getting to spend so much time with the extended family. Especially all the granddaughters! I had a blast hanging out with all the girls. And of course, it's always good to see my Canadian parents. :) I love having family all around the world. Seeing good friends come from various locations in the world to gather together makes me long for heaven! Can't wait to be with my Saviour and for those I love to be all in one place. 

with the cousins



Had to take a picture of course with the other curly-haired girl! :) We have to stick together you know. Controlling these curls is a battle (one I lose quite frequently), so we have be friends. This one is rambunctious little girl! haha, just the kind I love being around.  

curly-hair friends

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I met Mrs. Donley for the first time this past March! They truly are a special couple!
    For the record, I think curly hair is great! Yours always looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Don't leave without saying hi! :)